Many parents feel like they actually know everything they need to know about their kids, but this is not usually the case, as some of them can get very secretive and private. When situations like these arise, you should know several questions that you could use to begin a healthy conversation with these children.
Children usually ask lots of questions, and if you stay around them, you would have experienced the serious bombardment of questions. This is because they are very inquisitive, and want to learn new things everyday.
So what happens when the roles are reversed and you are the one doing the asking? Asking these children several questions, would help you know more about these children.
Asking get to know questions, is one way to kill time, as the kids usually take time before answering these questions. This helps in developing their minds, by expanding it to accommodate so many ideas.
Questions, also help these kids spark their curiosity, thereby making them wonder about different things. It also helps you in understanding these kids better, and will aid in ensuring that you make the best decisions for these children.
Is it good to ask your kids questions?
Asking your kids various questions, will help them expand their minds and leave it open to learn new things. This enables them think about various solutions they could use to solve pending issues, and it intrigues their curiosity. It is very important to ask these kids various questions, as a good parent.
Read This – What Are The Most Common Childhood Accidents
Getting To Know You Questions For Kids
Asking and answering questions are some activities kids do when they reach the age of 1 to 2. These questions help the kid in developing his language skills for his or her overall development.
In this article, I will be outlining some questions you could ask kids if you want to know them better. This compilation will help you communicate with several kids, and ensure that you understand them better.
List of getting to know you questions for kids?
- What do you want to become when you finally grow up?
- What activities do you enjoy doing?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What TV show do you enjoy most?
- What movie actor do you love most?
- What sport’s celebrity is your favorite?
- What is your favorite school subject, and why do you like it?
- How many friends do you have?
- What activities do you and your friends enjoy doing most?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Where would you love your vacation to be?
- What planet is your favorite, and why is it so?
- Where would you love to live, if you had the chance?
- What is your favorite holiday, and why do you prefer it over others?
- Summer or winter, which do you prefer?
- Which do you prefer, video games or board games?
- What is your favorite outdoor game?
- What is your favorite indoor game?
- Do you believe dragons are real?
- What helps you fall asleep at night?
- What fruits do you enjoy eating?
- Milk or soup, which do you prefer?
- Which would you prefer in swimming like a fish, or running like a cheetah?
- Would you like to live in the Jungle?
- If you could change your name, which would you prefer?
- How many languages should you learn?
- What would you do to make the world a better place?
- What flavor of ice cream do you prefer?
- If you had a pet dragon, what name would you give it?
- The silliest thing you have ever done
- Do you like swimming?
- What color do you like most, and why do you like that color?
- What makes you angry, and what do you do when you are angry?
- What makes you sad, and what do you do when you are sad?
- What makes you happy?
- Which do you prefer, living in the city or country side?
- What would you wish for, if you ever met a genie?
- What super power would you prefer, if you are a superhero?
- What would you do if your mom ate your candy?
- What animal do you like most, and why do you like that particular animal?
- What was your lunch today?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What phone brand do you use?
- What computer brand do you use?
- What are your favorite video games?
- What is your least favorite school subject, and why is it so?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Which member of your family do you like the most?
- What is your favorite book and why is it so?
- Which place do you want to reside in when you grow up?
- What is your favorite toy brand?
- Which of those toys in your collection is your favorite?
- What did you learn in school today?
- What good things have you done for your mom and dad?
- What would you do, if you were invisible for a whole day?
- What would you do if you were president for a day?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Football or Basketball, which do you prefer?
- Would you love to celebrate your birthday everyday?
- Would you rather be an ant, or an elephant?
- Would you share your favorite cookie with your friend?
- Who is your best friend and why do you prefer that person?
- Where does your dad work?
- Do you know how to sing?
- What is the name of your favorite musician?
- Why do you think the giraffe has a long neck?
- Would you rather ride an elephant or dolphin?
- Have you travelled on a plane before?
- What is the best trip you ever had?
- What hair color do you prefer?
- Which of your house chores do you despise the most?
- What did you dream of last night?
- Do you want to change your school?
- Who is your favorite teacher in school?
- Do you prefer playing video games or watching movies?
- Do you prefer Japanese anime, or Western animation?
- Ronaldo or Messi which do you prefer? ( A good way to start a conversation with a kid who is well versed in football)
- Which of your siblings do you like most?
- Which do you prefer, meat or fish?
- Who is your favorite tennis player?
- Pepsi or Coke, which do you prefer?
- What is your favorite song?
- What day was your saddest?
- Have you gone skydiving before?
- Have you been to the beach?
We’ll stop here, as there are many questions you can ask these young ones. But you should understand that asking them questions helps a lot in understanding them better. You can ask questions related to reality, and also their imagination.
Check This Out – Is It Normal For Adult Children To Ignore Their Parents
And when asking these questions, you should try asking them why they prefer something over another, or why they like doing something. This will help them express themselves more, and you would be shocked at what you may hear.
Children are very plain about expressing themselves, so if you give them a chance like this, they would definitely put it to good use.
Asking kids various questions is a good way to know more about them. You can understand their ideals and likes. Always ensure that these children get enlightened and informed of the basic things, and if they are having issues with any part of their lives and go to you for answers, try to help them in the best way possible.
Enjoy the rest of your day.