Best Nasal Aspirator For Babies – How Effective Are They
There are so many things mothers have to deal with, especially the gross ones, like dealing with baby spit-up and changing diapers constantly. However, another gross thing mothers deal with is clearing mucous and congestion in their baby’s nose.
Your baby might have nasal congestion when trying to grow teeth, when suffering from an allergy, or when they fall sick. You have to do something to make them comfortable and clear out their nasal passages. You will need the best nasal aspirator to clear out whatever it is that has blocked your baby’s nasal passage, and this review will show you how to find the best product.
When babies are born, they do not develop the ability to breathe using their nose and mouth, but they breathe with the nose alone. Breathing can be a bit difficult if there is congestion, but there is something you can do to help before your baby learns how to breathe with their mouth or before they learn how to blow out their nose.
With the use of baby aspirators, you can be able to clear the congestion and get rid of the mucous in your baby’s nose, and even though babies need this, they might not tolerate or enjoy it.
Best Nasal Aspirator For Babies – Buying Guide And Recommendation
What Is A Nasal Aspirator
Nasal aspirators are devices that are used to get rid of mucous from a baby’s nose, and a nasal aspirator is used when a baby’s nose is congested to the point where they experience difficulty in breathing and sleeping.
Adults can blow out their nose when it feels congested, but babies do not have the ability to do that yet, so sucking away the mucous with a nasal aspirator is the next line of action every parent must take. There are three different types of nasal aspirators with various designs. They are;
- Electric Aspirator – These type of nasal aspirators are battery-powered devices which parents will find easy to use. One end of this aspirator goes into the baby’s nose, while the other end goes into the mother’s mouth. She sucks the mucus out of her baby’s nose using this nasal aspirator.
- Bulb Syringe – This is also referred to as the bulb aspirator, and it is also considered the lowest technology tool used in getting rid of mucus from a baby’s nose.
- Oral Suction Aspirator – The oral suction aspirator spread like fire on the market a few years ago and won many parents’ hearts. Its design allows a tube to go into the mother’s mouth while the other end goes into the baby’s nose. The oral suction is then used to rid the baby’s nose of mucus, and parents prefer this method because it is more gentle and efficient compared to other types of nasal aspirators.
How To Find A Reliable Baby Nasal Aspirator
It doesn’t matter if your baby is dealing with cold or seasonal allergies that have affected his breathing ability; what matters is helping out with the situation. It isn’t as difficult as it sounds because using a nasal aspirator will help deal with the situation in few seconds. However, there are few things you should know before laying your hands on any nasal aspirator you find on the market. These few factors are;
The materials used in making the nasal aspirator are something you have to pay attention to. The aspirator that goes into the baby’s nose and the part that goes into your mouth should be made with a material that doesn’t encourage the growth of bacteria. Silicone materials are best used because they are flexible and soft.
Ease Of Cleaning
Every baby tool needs to be cleaned up properly after use, so ensure that any tool you pick for your baby can be easily cleaned up. If it can be disassembled for a thorough cleaning, that is an advantage as well.
Nasal Tip Size
Some parents want nasal aspirators with interchangeable tips, which is a good idea because they will serve different tip sizes. Such aspirators can be used from newborn to toddler stages.
Top 5 Best Nasal Aspirator For Babies
1. FridaBaby NoseFrida The Snotsucker
This is an original aspirator with impressive suction power that allows parents to control the amount of suction using their mouth gently. This is an interesting design because it ensures parents do not take in the mucus accidentally. It comes with a disposable filter, telling you this is one nasal aspirator that supports good hygiene a lot.
Another factor parents love about the Nosefrida nasal aspirator is its dishwasher safe design, meaning parents will not experience any difficulty in washing this nasal aspirator. Safety is also another factor that has impressed parents as it doesn’t contain any harmful material or chemicals in its construction. It is safe for mother and child.
- It comes with disposable filters.
- It is easy to clean
- Controlling the suction strength is possible.
- Its pieces disconnected during use.
2. OCCObaby Baby Nasal Aspirator
Having a compact size and multiple tips means this nasal aspirator will be part of your family for many years to come; it has proved to be a useful investment for so many mothers and their babies in recent years.
Each set of this aspirator comes with various tip sizes, as there is a long reach tip to get to mucus in hidden areas. There is also a power suction tip for eliminating heavy mucus, while gentle suction tips are recommended for newborns.
All tips are made using silicone material that promotes proper hygiene and safety. Many mothers found it interesting that this nasal aspirator is its waterproof, small base that ensures this nasal aspirator properly fits into a purse or bag. Its design permits it to run on batteries or use its oral suction option.
- It offers multiple tip options for various scenarios.
- It is compact enough to fit into purses and bags.
- It offers a dual method of operation.
- Its suction power is a bit weak.
3. BabySmile Nasal Aspirator S-503
The next product is the BabySmile nasal aspirator which boasts an instant suction action, and it will create enjoyable moments where your baby sits still and watches you get rid of the congestion in his nose.
This is a nasal aspirator you can trust to clear a child’s nasal passages in a quick and short time frame, and parents commended its hospital-grade suction power that is best used in tricky mucus clearing situations.
A power setting on this nasal aspirator allows users to switch from high to low power settings. If the high power setting is sensitive to your baby’s nose, switch to the low power setting immediately. Ensuring comfort is what this nasal aspirator is all about, and whatever position your baby assumes while getting his nasal passage, this nasal aspirator will provide soothing relief.
- Its suction power gets rid of mucus instantly
- Its design guarantees comfort
- This is a small and compact nasal aspirator kit
- Its power base isn’t as portable as expected
- There are so many parts to clean
4. BoogieBulb Baby Nasal Aspirator and Booger Sucker
This is a nasal aspirator that parents will find easy to clean, and after clearing up a child’s nasal passage, you can open up its bulb to dry, clean, and sanitize this nasal aspirator. For ease of use and convenience, this nasal aspirator comes in various sizes. It is made using hospital-grade latex material that ensures no build-up of bacteria and germs.
What’s more, all sizes of this nasal aspirator come with a lifetime warranty so that parents will have no issues with this nasal aspirator’s manufacturing company. Furthermore, it is a dishwasher safe product, and all of its parts are completely cleanable.
- Parents would not need to shop for replacement filters.
- This nasal aspirator can be opened completely for better cleaning action.
- This is a dishwasher safe product.
- Its suction power has no control.
- Some reviewers claimed some parts were disconnected during use.
5. Baby Nasal Aspirator
Sadly, this is the final product we will be discussing in this interesting review, and what we have is the Baby Bubz nasal aspirator. With this nasal aspirator, parents can use their breath to control this nasal aspirator’s suction power. Interestingly, this nasal aspirator comes with a cup that collects the mucus from avoiding it to go back into the nose or the mother’s mouth.
Buying replacement filters or batteries, and another feature you will find interesting is its clear design for viewing how effective the suction power is. It also tells you if you need more power to clear the mucus in your baby’s nose. What’s more, you do not need to insert this nasal aspirator deep into your baby’s nose, which helps in promoting more comfort and cutting down the risk of infection.
- Parents are always in control of the suction power.
- Its clear design shows you how effective this nasal aspirator is
- There is no need to purchase disposable filters.
- It has so many parts to wash.
When shopping for best nasal aspirator for babies, ensure that you read the instructions it comes with because all nasal aspirators work differently. The main point to take from all we have said is finding the right one for you and your child, and any product you decide to settle for from the ones we have reviewed will get the job done for you.
Nasal aspirators will make your baby feel comfortable, sleep better, and get rid of tears from their eyes, so try one out today.
Check This Out – Best Baby Carrier For Back Pain