Colic happens due to gas, milk protein allergies, problems with digesting lactose, being lactose intolerant, and more. The remedies for the causes of colic and gas may vary, but there are few options that you need to take into consideration as a parent.
These options might include using fully hydrolyzed formula or giving your baby reduced lactose formula products. In other cases, infant milk formula from other sources might also help, but the source shouldn’t be cow milk. This review talks about the best formula for colic and gas, and as a parent, you need all the help you can get.
A known fact is that babies look up to as their superheroes, and in their sight, we can take care of them. However, if their idea of seeing us as superheroes is true, then we have lost the war to colic.
Parents and babies can easily get depressed because of sleep deprivation, crying babies, and helplessness. Still, as a result of these negatives, most parents have decided to seek solutions and answers.
Even though everything you have tried has failed, you do not have to lose hope because there is a solution to colic and gas problems.
Best Formula For Colic And Gas – Buying Guide And Recommendation
Many parents, especially newbies, think infant formula only has to do with breast milk, but in an actual sense, we are underrating the healing powder of infant formulas. The most important type of formula seems to be the hydrolyzed formula for colic, and it works by breaking down proteins into micro-particles that easy to absorb and digest.
Getting infant formula from a different source is something you should consider doing as well, and the source could either be a hypoallergenic or goat milk formula.
The right feeding bottle should also be with a proper vent that will help your baby get rid of colic and gas. With all of these infant formula benefits, what infant formula will be ideal for soothing your baby’s colic issues.
Best Formula For Colic And Gas Review
1. Gerber Good Start Powder Infant Formula
This is a good baby formula if you are unable to breastfeed. It also works well when your baby suffers from colic and gas, thanks to its improved soothing formula. The Gerber Good Start Powder Infant Formula boasts the best formula that doesn’t just soothe colic but also replaces or supplements breast milk, and an infant can consume it.
This baby formula is widely accepted because it goes easy on your child’s under-developed stomach, and it also helps a baby’s digestive system. Consuming this baby formula will help infants to digest food easily when the time eventually comes.
Interestingly, this baby formula contains probiotics which are good bacteria that are found in breast milk. Comfort proteins are found in this baby formula, and they are proteins that get digested easily.
- It soothes colic and crying babies.
- It doesn’t contain casein.
- It doesn’t contain genetically engineered products.
- In some babies, this baby formula caused constipation
2. Similac Alimentum, 6 Count, Hypoallergenic Infant Formula
If you suspect your child has developed some food allergies, you may want to consider getting this baby formula immediately. It serves as a good replacement for breast milk, and in terms of nutritional values, this baby formula has the right nutrients in the right quantity.
If your child battles colic or is sensitive to protein, this baby formula has the right ingredient to deal with such unhealthy disturbances. However, your child will not just enjoy the colic benefits that this baby formula brings. He will still enjoy general growth and development, thanks to the ARA and DHA nutrients that this baby formula contains. The useful importance of these nutrients is they boost eye and brain development.
- It contains pre-digested milk protein.
- It contains important nutrients like ARA and DHA.
- This baby formula is a hypoallergenic and nutritional complete baby formula.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Parents complained of its unpleasant smell.
3. Enfamil Nutramigen Infant Formula
Parents tend to feel like super dads and supermoms, but they all lose their superpowers because they cannot provide relief for their baby’s colic issues. Parents can handle a lot of baby issues, but colic isn’t one of them.
If you search for a baby formula that will help deal with your baby’s colic issues, the Enfamil Nutramigen Infant Formula. Colic happens due to intolerance to cow’s milk or an allergic reaction, so this is a better soothing formula that provides great relief.
Babies who suffer from milk allergies are likely to develop asthma, rhinoconjunctivitis, and eczema, but giving your baby the Enfamil formula will prevent all of these from happening. This is the best baby formula for toddlers till thirty-six months.
- Babies can return to consuming protein when taking this baby formula.
- It is dairy and soy-free
- It is also hypoallergenic.
- It is expensive
- It also possesses an unpleasant smell.
4. Happy Family Baby Organic Infant Formula
The Happy Family baby organic infant formula is a confident way of providing your child with lots of nutrients, and trust us when we say this is an easy-to-digest and gentle way to feed your little one. Your little child will have no complaint about this infant formula as it contains organic lactose, essential nutrients, dual prebiotics, ARA, DHA, and other required vitamins and minerals.
However, caution should be taken when using this infant formula as it should not be given to kids with immune problems or premature infants. Before going ahead to feed your baby with the Happy Family Organic Infant Formula, ensure you consult with a healthcare professional first.
- This infant formula makes babies happy.
- Babies will not use gas or suffer constipation after consuming this infant formula.
- It soothes colic problems.
- Few customers complained that formulas were changed when making this infant formula
5. Amazon Brand – Mama Bear Gentle Infant Formula
The Mama Bear Gentle Infant Formula is the last and final product to make it to this top review, and this is an infant formula you can trust to help with colic, crying, gas, fussiness in your baby. Little tummies would not experience any problems in digesting the Mama Bear Gentle Infant Formula, and this owes to the fact that its cow milk protein has already been broken down into smaller parts.
For your baby’s growth and development, this infant formula contains all essential vitamins, including DHA, to help with your child’s immune system, brain, and overall growth. Finally, you can count on the Mama Bear Gentle Infant Formula to provide babies with the complete nutrition required for their growth and development.
- This is perfect for babies that are sensitive to gas and colic.
- It boasts a good formula.
- A lot of parents were left satisfied with this infant formula’s performance.
- It has a strange smell.
Features To Look For When Shopping For Colic And Gas Formula
Type Of Formula
Today, there are three main types of infant formula for colic and gas, and they are
- Concentrated Liquid Formula Infant Formula – This formula isn’t ready for use, and you have to mix equal parts of the formula and water before giving it to your child. This is a cheaper option compared to other formulas, but parents will find it easy to use. Compared to other infant formula types, you do not have to wait for this to dissolve before feeding your baby.
- Ready To Use Liquid Formula – This is a common formula you will find in hospitals, but just as its name suggests, parents will find this infant formula ready to use as it comes in a ready to feed bottle. Its bottles are called nurseries, and they can be compared with standard size nipples and rings.
- Powdered Infant Formula – The powdered infant formula is very popular today, and when it is time to use it, you have to wait for it to dissolve well in water. Compared to other infant formulas, this is the cheapest.
Protein Or Milk Source
The formula for colic depends greatly on the milk source, and cow milk is the most common milk or protein source. Most kids nowadays are intolerant to cow milk, despite cow milk being the closest to breast milk.
Parents should stick to the reduced lactose formula if their baby is lactose intolerant. If bringing up your baby the all-natural way is what you want, consider going for organic baby formula. Furthermore, soy milk is another alternative for babies who are allergic to breast milk. Almond and goat milk are considered good alternatives as well.
The good thing about the baby formula for colic is it does not contain FDA products, so they are safe for consumption. The only thing parents should be worried about is if the formula has been modified genetically and if it is difficult figuring that out, consult with your baby’s pediatrician.
Whatever baby formula you go for shouldn’t be all about fighting colic but also enhancing growth and development. Baby formulas with additives should be at the top of your list when shopping for your kids’ ideal baby formula.
If you want to prevent your baby from crying and losing sleep every night, you should consider getting that child a friendly baby formula. The formula will not just reduce colic, but it will also cut down on gas and acid reflux.
The best baby formulas contain healthy nutrients that promote growth and development, so always look out for baby formulas that contain DHA. It might take a while to find a suitable baby formula for your little one without the right information, but it shouldn’t be difficult anymore since you have this review at your fingertip.