Motherhood has never been an easy journey. You have a child that you breastfeed, and you have already mastered the art of using a breast pump to pump out breast milk.
To ensure all of your hard work doesn’t end up as waste, finding a simple storage solution becomes the next thing for you to do.
The best breast milk storage bags for spectra will keep breast milk fresh and wholesome for your little one, and it still retains its nutrient when your baby needs it.
Geeting the best breast milk storage bag for a nursing mother’s liquid gold has never been an easy ride like some new nursing mothers think it will be, so gathering every information you can find will help settle for the right breast milk bag solution.
There are sayings like. ‘do not cry over spilled milk.’ Well, whoever said that has not been in the shoes of nursing mothers. Every time spent in life is precious, and breastfeeding mothers spend a good amount of their time staying connected to a breast pump so that they can pump out some liquid gold for their little one.
You are disappointed because the milk got contaminated or spilled on the kitchen floor at the end of the day. That scenario can be very frustrating for every nursing mother that has gone through the stress of pumping out breast milk. This is why nursing mothers must shop for the best breast milk storage bags for spectra to avoid contamination and wastage.
Trendy Post – Best Bottles For Babies That Spit Up
However, this is a quick reminder that the CDC recommends storing fresh breast milk for the following length of time;
- Four days inside the fridge
- At room temperature, you should store breast milk for four hours.
- It should be stored for about twelve months when put inside the freezer.
If you have breast milk, you will love to freeze and preserve it; you should bear a couple of things in mind.
- Nursing mothers should remember that reusing breast milk storage bags is a big NO. The only reusable breast milk storage bags are made using silicone material.
- The truth is breast milk bags made using plastic tend to leak sometimes, so getting a breast milk bag that doesn’t leak always should be the goal. In addition, the storage bag should be able to defrost the milk without creating so much waste.
- Nursing mothers shouldn’t trust the milk measurements they find on a breast milk bag, but a measuring bottle should be used instead when taking proper amounts.
- It is also necessary that a sharpie is attached to a breast milk storage bag to take down the date and amount you pumped it. The essence of taking down the amount and date is so you can be able to find the oldest or newest milk with ease.
- It will help lay a breast milk storage bag flat inside the fridge or freezer because it saves space rather than freezing upright.
- 1 5 Best Breast Milk Storage Bags For Spectra Reviews
- 2 How To Pump Breast Milk Effectively
5 Best Breast Milk Storage Bags For Spectra Reviews
1. Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags
If you want a super-strong breast milk storage bag, the Lasinoh Breast milk storage bag fits the bill, as it is made to freeze, protect, and store breast milk for baby consumption when it is needed.
In addition, this is a pre-sterilized breast milk storage bag as it boasts of a double zipper design that prevents leaks.
Its side double-sealed seam design is another design that makes it stronger than other breast milk storage bags on the market.
Nursing mothers that prefer pumping can count on this storage milk bag to get the job done, and mothers would get clear instructions on how to transfer, store, freeze, and fill the Lasinoh breast milk storage bag.
- It is designed to work with a Spectra S2 pump.
- This is a flat storage bag that makes storage easy.
- They are very affordable.
- Bags grow lean because of constant leaks.
2. Dr. Brown’s 100 Piece Breastmilk Storage Bags
We like Dr. Brown’s breast milk storage bag because its durable exterior trim design offers cushion when this bag falls, and it also boasts of a double zip seal that helps keep out air from your breast milk.
Made using extra thick material, breast milk stored in this bag will remain fresh until needed. A perforated opening at the top makes opening up this storage bag very easy. Interestingly, this bag boasts a gusseted bottom that ensures this bag stands upright when stored.
Nursing mothers can use this bag immediately it arrives as it is already pre-sterilized, and surprisingly, there is an area on this bag where you can write down the baby’s name and date milk was stored.
- These bags are tough and perfect for feeding.
- It has a space-saving design.
- They have to pour spouts that make pouring out liquid easy.
- There are comparisons that this bag isn’t as thicker as the Medela bag.
3. Medela Breast Milk Storage Bags
This is a hygienically pre-sealed breast milk storage bag with double zipper protection and durable construction to prevent leaks. When traveling, your can safely store breast milk in this bag, and it is good for storing breast milk in the fridge or freezer.
One noticeable design of this storage bag is its self-standing design, and there is a writing area on this bag where you can write the date you pumped the breast milk and other vital information.
In addition, to save space where it is stored, this bag’s design encourages it to lie flat, so it doesn’t make use of too much space where it is stored.
Nursing will get a reusable transport pouch for keeping these breast milk storage bags organized and clean.
- These are durable and heavy-duty bags.
- If you want efficient breast milk storage bags, the Medela breast milk storage bag fits the bill.
- It isn’t made using cheap plastic material.
- This bag has so many leak issues.
4. Nanobébé 50 Breastmilk Storage Bags
Using the Nanobebe breast milk storage bag means no more messy spills, and this breast milk storage bag has a count of fifty, so you don’t bother about running out of storage bags.
When mealtime arrives, counting on the Nanobebe storage bags is what this bag expects from you, and what we love about this storage bag is that it warms and defrosts twice faster than other storage bags on the market.
Preserving nutrients is what this breast milk storage bag is good at, and that is the edge it has over other storage bags on the market. In addition, it has a leak-free design, and it is made using BPA-free materials that make it safe for use.
- They warm up and defrost quickly.
- These awesome storage bags have a flat space-saving design
- These are high-quality bags for thawing.
- These bags have an odd shape.
5. Eccomum Breastmilk Storage Bags
The encomium breast milk storage bag boasts a self-standing design, and mothers will find it easy to pour milk out of this bag using its spout feature. Its space-saving design ensures it uses up less space anywhere it is stored.
Thanks to having a special processing design, this breast milk storage bag will not entertain contamination or damage of breast milk.
Its opening is perfect for several measurements, and it will keep air out of this storage bag thanks to its double zipper design. Its double side seams offer extra layers of protection, and there’s an easy to write on label where nursing mothers can take down the amount and date this milk was pumped and stored.
- This is the ideal storage bag for breastfeeding moms
- It has more width compared to other storage bags.
- Its large capacity helps to save money.
- It is easy to use and convenient.
How To Pump Breast Milk Effectively
There are two ways of pumping breast milk into freezer bags;
- The first method is by direct pumping into the freezer bag by attaching the pump to the bag using an adapter.
- The second method is by pumping first into a bottle before transferring milk into the bag. Finally, transferring milk from the bottle to the bag should be done using a funnel to minimize waste.
Whatever method you choose to adopt rests on how you plan to handle stored breast milk. Women that work more often and spend less time with their babies prefer to store milk in breast bags instead of bottles.
It is because breast milk bags use up less room, and if you prefer carrying breast milk storage bags, pumping breast milk directly into storage options becomes the preferable option. In addition, nursing mothers sometimes confuse breast milk storage bags for bottle bags used during feeding.
Bottle bags are not recommended for milk storage because of their flimsiness, explaining why they are used alone for feeding purposes. On the other hand, plastic bags are not recommended for storing breast milk because breast milk contamination and spillage are high in such bags.
Breast milk bags are preferred because they are thicker, made using non-toxic materials, and are designed especially for freezing purposes. In addition, if you want sterile and heavy-duty bags, then breast milk bags fit the description, meaning there is little or no possibility that germs will attack your child.
Pouring milk out of a breast milk bag is easier than pouring milk out of a plastic bag. So many breast milk storage bags come with spouts to make pouring easier.
Related Post – Best Nursing Pads For Heavy Leaking
I am a proud mother of two, a lover and home builder. My love for children gave birth to the bestofmotherearth.com with the aim to cover topics from child health, pregnancy, parenting, family, relationship, struggles in families and also food.