All parents must ensure their baby moves safely when they start walking, crawling, and exploring, and the best way to make babies safe inside the house is by having a baby fence fixed inside your house. Baby fences offer so many benefits when installed inside a home, and you can count on baby fences to protect older siblings from running into little babies, protect heavy items from falling on them, and ensuring that babies do not walk towards staircases and fireplaces. When it comes to baby-proofing your home, installing the best baby fences proves to be the right solution, and parents trust baby fences to protect babies against potential dangers that are present in our homes. Baby fences are designed to function in two ways including;
- They serve as enclosure which prevents younger children and babies from moving towards an area where a threat lies
- Baby fences serves as barriers to separate one part of the house from another
What we want parents to keep in mind about baby fences is they are made to have various designs, styles, and used with different types of materials. We also want parents to be aware of the fact that all baby fences will not function the same in every home, but parents still struggle with making up their mind whether they need to have a baby fence installed in their home. Installing a baby fence in your home depends on how old your child is and how your home is structured. The safety issues that are present in your home determines the type of baby fence that you need to have installed in your home.
There are so many advantages that comes with having a baby fence installed in your home, and some of these advantages includes;
- It promotes interaction between mother and child about potential dangers that are present if a baby fence isn’t installed. In addition to this, parents can go about their chores and duties knowing that their little baby is safe and free playing inside a baby fence.
- Parents have the freedom to engage in other things while their baby moves and plays inside a baby fence.
- Older siblings can play freely inside the house knowing they will not run into their little baby inside the baby fence.
- Baby fences are perfect for protecting babies against dangers that are present inside the house.
The saying that any product with an advantage comes with a disadvantage is true. Bearing this in mind, here are some of the disadvantages that comes with installing a baby fence in your home.
- Installing baby fences inside the house might cause parents to ignore their babies a little too long.
- When babies start turning older, they might feel the desire or urge to climb over the baby fence when nobody is around.
- It is possible for parents and older children to fall when trying to climb over this fence.
- Installing homemade baby fences isn’t advisable as it is likely to cause accidents and deaths.
- 1 Best Baby Fences – Buying Guide And Recommendation
- 2 Best Baby Fences Review
- 3 Conclusion
Best Baby Fences – Buying Guide And Recommendation
Keeping babies safe at home doesn’t depend on installing cupboards, door locks, or outlets in your home, but you can count on a baby fence to ensure your baby’s safety whether you are there or not. Baby fences are also perfect for allowing babies to move and play freely within an enclosed space, and they can also be called play yards and playpens. Interestingly, parents can move about with baby portable baby fences, and you do not have to be worried about your friends and families that haven’t given baby-proofing their home a though. What matters is keeping your baby safe.
Best Baby Fences Review
1. Toddleroo by North States Superyard
This proves to be the perfect solution for any parent that wants their little baby to move and play around the house freely, and having an ABS material easy to fold mat provides additional fun for babies when they play inside this playpen. Homes with large floors and floor spans are the best for this baby fence as it blocks off areas where babies are not needed, and all that you need for installing this baby fence comes with this product. This includes hinges, connectors, and wall mounts, while mounting this baby fence must be done on a strong surface like a wooden or metal surface.
- It is safe no matter how hard a baby wiggles this baby fence
- It has a sturdy build
- It is durable and easy to fold
- It has a flimsy build
2. Baby Playpen Portable Kids Safety Play Center
The next product to find its way to this detailed guide is the Baby Playpen Portable Kids Safety Play Center, and this play center comes with lots of space where babies can take a nap, play freely, crawl, and have fun. The benefit of having this baby fence installed in your home is it allows parents the freedom to engage in other things knowing their child is safe inside this baby fence, while its breathable grid design permits mother and child to interact freely. Furthermore, babies are provided with a sense of security when they are placed inside this baby fence, and having an easy to clean and waterproof design helps in repelling unwanted stains.
- There is no hassle in putting this baby fence together
- It is sturdy
- It comes with an impressive suction power
- Putting on its suction cup is very difficult
3. YOOVEE Baby Playpen, Assembly-Free
Made using non-toxic and BPA materials, the YOOVEE baby playpen is one that is considered completely safe for babies as it won’t cause any form of irritation on your baby’s skin. Parents will not worry about putting this baby fence together as it comes fully assembled, while having a non-slip rubber pad at the bottom cancels every possibility of this baby fence to tip over. Providing babies with enough space to play and crawl freely is what this baby fence offers babies, and its height is perfect, making it impossible for babies to climb over. It comes with a safety lock that can be locked from the inside.
- Parents will find it easy to assemble this baby fence
- It has a gate for adults to pass through
- It offers babies enough space to play freely in
4. Fortella Cloud Castle Foldable Playpen
Having a portable and easy to fold design is what the Fortella Cloud Castle, and this makes moving about with this baby fence when necessary convenient. What parents love about this baby fence is it retains its position and shape, and it also boasts of having non-slip pads that ensures it stays balance and doesn’t tip over. Interestingly, this baby fence has some drawings on its body that provides not just fun but educational benefits for babies, and there are impressive reviews about this baby fence that claims it promotes cognition and motor skills in babies. It is also spacious, and has a height that makes climbing over impossible for babies.
- It is easy to assemble
- It allows more than one person inside, thanks to its spacious design
- It is strong and durable
- It has no cons
5. YOBEST Baby Playpen
Finally, we are rounding up our review on the best baby fences with the YOBEST baby playpen which comes with a lot of space and room to accommodate babies and their toys. Parents do not have to worry when they have their baby in this baby fence as it is made using eco-friendly materials that will not irritate the skin, and this means babies are completely safe when they play and eat inside this baby fence. This gate will not tip over as it comes with powerful suction cups, while its detailed manufacturer’s manual makes assembly fast and easy.
- There is lots of space for babies to play in
- It promotes safety
- It has a sturdy design
- Its last piece is difficult to assemble
How To Shop For The Best Baby Fence
Before you go out to shop for a baby fence, there are several elements that you should keep an eye out for. These elements are vital towards helping you make a right choice when you hit the market to shop for a baby fence for your little baby.
The materials mostly used in making baby fences today are plastic, wood, and metal, and these materials are perfect as they are easy to clean, sturdy, and will repel any force a baby uses to push.
Your baby’s developmental stage would determine the height of the baby fence you intend shopping for. Baby fences on the market today are mostly twenty two inches tall, so a baby fence that is thrice or four times your baby’s height will be a wise product to invest in.
Whatever baby fence you opt for should be easy to put together, but do not settle for a baby fence that babies will comfortably pull down.
A baby fence slats should be more than 6cm apart, and this is essential in making sure your baby doesn’t force his head through the slats as a means of escape from the baby fence.
Versatility should be taken into consideration when shopping for a baby fence, and you will need a mobile and lightweight baby fence if you consider moving to another apartment.
Consideration should be made towards where you want to have a baby fence installed in your home, and you should also decide how flexible you want the baby fence to be. Lastly, ensure that you pay close attention to the manufacturer’s instruction when putting a baby fence together in your home.
I am a proud mother of two, a lover and home builder. My love for children gave birth to the bestofmotherearth.com with the aim to cover topics from child health, pregnancy, parenting, family, relationship, struggles in families and also food.