Babywearing comes with so many benefits, and some of these benefits include improving sleep, reducing crying, allowing mothers to get other jobs done, and enhancing learning. However, if during the pregnancy stages you suffered back pain, the back might still be tender.
You also have to be wary of the fact that you will have to carry a ten-pound baby on your chest for a very long time. However, the last thing a mother needs is to hurt her back some more when a newborn eventually arises.
Our best baby carrier for back pain will show you how to prevent child wearing back pain, how to choose the best baby carrier, and how to treat bad back problems.
Best Baby Carrier For Back Pain – Buying Guide And Recommendation
However, there might not be any guidelines regarding how long a mother needs to carry her baby on her back every day, but you need to be careful when experiencing any form of discomfort. You can make use of the following tips we have listed below to help deal with back pain.
- When wearing a baby carrier, ensure they are worn as high as possible, as it will help to take away strain from your back. It will also help you to nurture and kiss your baby’s forehead.
- You also need to ensure that the carrier is tightened to keep the baby very close to your body. You will experience excess pressure on your lower back if the carrier is too loose.
- The Ergobaby is a soft structured carrier, and if you are making use of a carrier like the Ergobaby, ensure you make proper use of the waistband. Its waistband should be well tightened around the hips region and not your back region.
- Still on a soft structured carrier, make sure its shoulder straps are well tightened, as it encourages even distribution of weight.
- If your child gets to twenty pounds or is getting to six months, you should consider switching to back wearing. You are at risk of lower back pain if you carry an overweight baby in front or on your chest.
- Your pelvic floor or lower back will feel pain if you continue carrying your baby in a forward-facing position. Carrying a baby in a forward-facing position could also lead to urinary issues and other related issues. You should consider back wearing your baby if you feel such pain and if your baby can lift his head.
- For those with a history of back pain, they can still wear their baby behind them. The only thing you have to do is settle for a carrier capable of distributing weight evenly across the body. You should also consider seeing a physical therapist know if you can start wearing your baby at the back.
If you are the type of parent that enjoys carrying her baby all day long, and at every slight opportunity, it will be interesting for you to know that sharing such moments with your baby might come at a high price. If not done properly, babywearing can become tiring and less enjoyable for so many parents, eventually leading to back pain
For people with pre-existing back pain, carrying a baby on your back can add some extra strain on your back, but that doesn’t stop you from being around your baby. You only need to have some pointers in mind, like going for the right type of carrier.
Shopping for a baby carrier that can be worn all through the day, there are few things you need to keep in mind to protect yourself.
- Ability to take it off and put it back on with ease
- Lightweight material construction
- Presence of highly-adjustable straps
- Waistband that offers extra support
- Access to several carrying positions and options
- Exceptional weight distribution and comfort
Best Baby Carrier For Mothers With Back Pain Reviews
1. BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One Air
When it comes to the BABYBJORN baby carrier, parents refer to it as the gold standard of all baby accessories. The reason why it is considered that way is because of its superior quality and superb design.
It is made using a premium mesh material that feels soft when it touches the skin, making it the right option to be used during hot and humid temperature conditions. You can wash this fabric using a washing machine, and the most important feature of this carrier is it sits comfortably on the back of mothers with back pain.
Its waistband and well-padded design offer excellent stability, and it can be worn for hours without being bothered about a baby hanging around your body. It also comes with shoulder straps that are responsible for the even weight distribution all over the body.
- This mesh carrier has a sleek design.
- It is a convenient one.
- The only baby carrier with a smart design
- It has no resting area or space for the head.
2. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
If you want a baby carrier that will deliver the most excellent value for your money, the Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 carrier will fit the bill, as it comes with so many features that ensure it does its job. Not only will this carrier do its job, but it will also help you get the best out of this carrier.
Parents find it easy to do other chores while carrying their baby with this carrier because its design makes it firm and reliable. Parents with a bad back will benefit greatly from this baby carrier, as it comes with a supportive waist belt used in transferring the child’s weight to the mothers’ hips.
Adjusting this carrier is also easy so that mothers can place the baby high enough to get rid of some pressure from their back. Furthermore, this carrier comes with a wonderful cover bib that ensures protection for the carrier and clothes.
- This is the best for all newborn babies.
- Mothers will find it easy to use.
- Its lightweight design makes it convenient to use.
- It is functional, comfortable, and affordable.
- Its drawback is it cuts outflow of legs in your baby’s legs.
Trending Review: Best Bottle For Choking Baby
3. YOU+ME 4-in-1 Ergonomic Baby Carrier
The YOU+ME baby carrier offers about four ways of carrying your little one. These carrying options include two front carryings facing in for newborns, back carry wide seats for toddlers, and front carrying facing a position for six-month-old babies.
Mothers who have tried out this baby carrier have expressed satisfaction over its breathable 3D cool mesh lining, which offers exceptional airflow.
Just like the last product we talked about, the YOU+ME baby carrier comes with a bandanna bib that you can use together with the carrier or separately. Some mothers also use this baby carrier for hiking and cuddling with their child.
- This baby carrier is made using high-quality materials
- It is ideal for small-sized babies
- It is comfortable, lightweight, and impressive
- It cuts off blood circulation in your baby’s limbs.
4. Contours Journey 5 Position Baby Carrier, Twilight Bloom
What makes this baby carrier stand out from all other carriers is it offers up to five different ways of carrying your baby, and parents don’t need an infant insert to carry their baby with this carrier. This is one carrier tacked with so many features, and one of such features is its three storage pockets that parents can use in carrying around personal and baby items.
Its waistband and adjustable seat ensure that babies are kept in a healthy position and designed using soft and comfortable fabric mean additional comfort levels for you and your baby. Its seat width can be adjusted to fit your baby’s legs, and finally, there is a large sunshade that offers maximum coverage from sunlight.
- This baby carrier offers adequate support.
- This is an all-in-one carrier.
- Mothers will find it easy to use and comfortable.
- Its lightweight design is a plus.
- No flaw so far
5. Evenflo Infant Soft Carrier
The Evenflo Infant Soft Carrier is the final product we would be talking about in this guide, and what you are looking at here is a baby carrier made using an easy to clean fabric. Mothers will find it easy to wash this fabric either using the hands or using a washing machine.
Comfort is guaranteed when using the Evenflo Infant Soft carrier, and this is based on the fact that this carrier comes with additional padding in its shoulder straps and headrest. It also comes with extra back straps that can be easily adjusted for the baby and mother to enjoy adequate comfort.
Furthermore, this baby carrier comes with a secure lock buckle that ensures the baby is safe, and there is a side entry buckle that clicks to ensure the baby’s safety and protection.
- Mothers will find this baby carrier very easy to use
- It is one of the most affordable baby carriers on the market.
- Its soft feeling helps to put the baby to sleep.
- It can be used around pools.
- Mothers complained that it failed in providing adequate support.
Baby carriers are regarded as game-changers for moving your baby around, but deciding the baby carrier you want can be confusing. Several options are ranging on the market, which can cause making a final decision to be overwhelming.
However, you can take this review as a guide to point you in the right direction of baby carriers that will be ideal for back pain. The products we have discussed in this guide are reliable, and you are guaranteed not going wrong with any of these baby carriers.