While growing up, some of us had one or more Crayola products in our homes. This means that several wonderful memories have been made as they are every parent’s kid’s artwork choice of crayon. Are Crayola markers non-toxic?
So many parents will be considering going to the market to shop for these crayons when their kids start preparing to head back to school.
One of the things you have to wonder about the popular crayola is the level of impact it has on the environment.
Are Crayola Markers Non Toxic?
These markers are used by little children, so it is very essential that you have a very good idea of the ingredients used in making these markers.
One of the aspects you have to look at about Crayola markers is if it contains toxic ingredients that make them harmful to kids.
Knowing the exact ingredient used in the making of crayola might be difficult to tell, but the good news is crayola paints are non toxic.
This should be a relief for any parents that is worried about the safety of their child when they play using Crayola markers.
Even if crayola markers end up getting inhaled or ingested, no harm will come to the human body. This means children can play with this marker at any time.
Our recommendation: Is Arm And Hammer Baking Soda Edible?
Do Crayola Markers Have Chemicals?
One of the most common or popular chemical ingredients you are going to come across in markers today is Stearic acid, and this tells you that stearic acid is also found in crayola markers.
Based on further investigation, water and dye are believed to be the two significant crayola components.
Now, it is very difficult to know the ingredients that were used when making the dye used in crayola markers.
However, there is a big suggestion that water and dye are the two significant ingredients found in crayola markers. This is because the crayola brand will not give its secret away.
Just because there is a belief that crayola markers contain dyes doesn’t mean it is unsafe around your child.
All of the ingredients used in making crayola markers are harmless, proving that your child will have no health issues even if the crayola marker is inhaled or ingested.
Read This – Does Marshmallow Fluff Harden?
What Should I Do If My Toddler Eats A Marker?
Allowing a child to play with certain items can be risky, and they are even riskier if the items are either easy to swallow or chewed.
Little kids are fond of putting items in their mouths when playing, so you shouldn’t be surprised when you walk in and see your toddler eating a marker.
The question here is what should I do if my toddler eats a marker? The first thing you need to know is your baby is not going to feel sick because they chewed a marker.
Furthermore, little kids will also not fall sick when they eat water-soluble markers. Just as the name implies, this type of marker does not contain harmful ingredients, so no harm will come to your child even when the contents of the marker get swallowed.
There are other felt-tip markers that will not cause your child to be poisoned even if amounts of ink get swallowed.
Why Are Crayola Non Toxic?
Generally, crayons are considered to be safe. This is because they are made from coloring and wax. Crayola markers on the other hand are made using harmless and non-toxic ingredients, making it safe for children to play with them.
The reason why crayola is considered to be non toxic is because of the ingredients used in its production. Its main ingredients are water and dye, and they are both considered to be harmless. This is why kids will not require urgent medical attention even when they eat crayola markers.
Can You Eat A Crayola Marker?
It is wrong to advise kids to go ahead and eat the marker they are supposed to color or write with.
However, you should also not forget the possibility of children putting items in their mouths when there is no adult around to supervise them. It is wrong to eat a crayola marker, it isn’t edible.
However, there is completely nothing to be worried about if your child eventually eats a crayola marker.
This is because the ingredients used in making them are completely harmless, so your child will not be requiring urgent medical care if he or she eventually eats a crayola marker.
Are Crayola Markers Toxic To Dogs?
Just as how parents are worried about their children eating crayola markers, they are also concerned about their dogs eating crayola markers as well. Just as how crayola markers are not toxic to children, these markers are not toxic to dogs as well.
The ink present inside crayon markets is non toxic, meaning no harm will come to anyone that inhales or ingests this ink. Your dog will not require medical attention if it accidentally eats crayola markers.
Interesting Post – Does Pudding Have Gelatin?
What Happens If A Baby Eats A Crayola Marker?
Generally, inks do not contain high toxicity. In some other cases, they might not even be toxic at all. Crayola markers are generally non toxic, and this means that your baby will not be rushed to the emergency room if crayola marker gets eaten.
However, your baby might experience slight vomiting when ink gets ingested, so you might have to call 911 if you notice signs of vomiting and pain in your baby when marker ink gets consumed.
I am a proud mother of two, a lover and home builder. My love for children gave birth to the bestofmotherearth.com with the aim to cover topics from child health, pregnancy, parenting, family, relationship, struggles in families and also food.